“Is spirituality merely a word game for you, a convenient, detached philosophy, a way to avoid, transcend, numb or deny your pain, and the pain of loved ones?
Is spirituality about pretending that ‘everything’s okay’, when deep down you are hurting?
Or is spirituality a moment-by-moment exploration for you? A letting-go of the assumed and the known, including everything assumed and known about spirituality?
Friends, lets come out of spiritual clichés, let’s drop the easy answers and the pretence, and meet life, raw, first-hand, unprotected.”—Jeff Foster (via oceanandwave)
1. Focus on your positive qualities. It’s true that we can all improve in some ways – but start by finding your good qualities – and recognise that these are a major part of who you are.
2. Be aware of, and fight against, your negative self-talk. Negative self talk can quickly snowball and become an angry tirade against yourself – so you become your own worst critic and your own worst enemy. Instead, choose to respect yourself, to love, affirm and believe in yourself.
3. Don’t dwell on things you know you cannot change. We all have imperfections, weaknesses and flaws. They’re really not that crucial, and they’re not that big a deal. Try to keep them in perspective – and change what you CAN change.
4. Make your own decisions – don’t always look to others, and think that they know better … But choose to trust yourself.
6. Always try to do your best – as that’s all that is required. You’re a normal human being who’ll sometimes get it wrong. When you do, just forgive youself, then get up and move on.
It’s actually a good thing that the zombie apocalypse starts in Florida because then the zombies only have one way to go and that’s straight up into trigger happy redneck territory. I give it two weeks before monster trucks and mullets save us.
can we talk about how this is still getting notes
The funny thing is that i can not actually come up with a counter argument for this.
“Something miraculous something powerful happens when you take care of yourself and your health. You realise you are precious. You become in love with your self and it shines it overflows on to others it becomes contagious, you give others the permission to be in love with themselves and in love with life.”—Evita Ramparte (via Miann Scanlan)