Traits of the Week of the Ruler
Energy of the Week of the Ruler
During the Week of the Ruler we have to fight the tendency to get too bossy and not listen to what others have to offer.
A feeling of omniscience can lead us to not admit our mistakes or follow constructive criticism. An undeniable tendency to grow cold, detached and judgmental must be countered with efforts to be more open and loving.
By not taking ourselves so seriously we will be better able to enjoy group activities, sharing good times with others.
Advice for the Week of the Ruler
- Let others take the lead more often.
- You may be wise, but remember that wise men learn more from fools than fools from wise men.
- Work hard at trying to admit mistakes when you make them.
- There is no particular merit in holding on to an outworn creed or outdated idea.
Because of the recent passing of the beloved Robin Williams and his struggle with depression/bi-polar disease, I’ve been seeing more and more people coming out and being more vocal about their personal experiences with mental illness. For over a year, I’ve been debating whether or not to be a little more open about it and post it on Facebook in particular, because I’d be exposing a darker part of me to family, old classmates, collegues, and friends in fear that I would be a part of an exchange of malicious comments and insensitve, careless gossip. But I think I’m going to take the leap anyway, because there’s something that I believe that is more important than keeping face.
(I apologize in advance for sloppy transitions and incomplete ideas and messy sentence structures and-)
How to save money while shopping online
1. Browse the store and open a tab for each item that piqued your interest.
2. After opening 15+ tabs, take a moment to look through each of them to see if it’s available in desired size/color/etc., and then decide whether or not to put in shopping bag.
4. Once satisfied, take a look at your shopping bag. Decide what you want/need, remove anything you deem unnecessary, and try to strip your totals down to your reasonable spending range of $0.00.
5. Once you’re ready to checkout, close the tab, and pretend it never happened.
6. ???? ?
7. Save money!